Seed List (Text)
- Gonzaga, Baylor, Michigan, Ohio State
- Villanova, Houston, Illinois, Alabama
- Oklahoma, West Virginia, Tennessee, Virginia
- Texas Tech, Iowa, Missouri, Texas
- Florida St., USC, Wisconsin, Creighton
- Virginia Tech, Arkansas, Purdue, Kansas
- Colorado, Florida, Rutgers, LSU
- Clemson, Loyola-Chicago, BYU, San Diego St.
- UCLA, Louisville, Oregon, Oklahoma St.
- Xavier, Boise St., Seton Hall, Minnesota
- Drake, VCU, St. Bonaventure, Syracuse, Colorado St., North Carolina
- Indiana, Connecticut, Belmont, Western Ky.
- Toledo, Winthrop, Colgate, UC Santa Barbara
- Wright St., UNC Greensboro, Liberty, Abilene Christian
- Vermont, Grand Canyon, Siena, South Dakota St.
- Eastern Washington, James Madison, Bryant, Texas St., Norfolk St., Prairie View A&M
HOW IT'S DONE:
Not very well.
- List all current conference leaders and "select" them as the projected winners.
- Referencing NET and KenPom, find the lowest ranked automatic bid and place at 68.
- Review results from 2/13 - 2/20.
- Move teams up/down along the seed line from last week.
- 3 wins or 2 losses is considered high yield up/down respectively.
- Inactive teams are used as a placeholder. 2 wins by the next lower result in a switch, then seed line adjustment.
- Re-evaluate teams placed significantly different from the Matrix.
- Clemson, Maryland, North Carolina, Oklahoma St.
- Fill 1-12 by some algorithm (in my head) of AP, NET, and KenPom.
- 13-16 are primarily based on NET rankings.
- Bracket fill-in is auto-generated by the S-curve.
- Teams are moved along the same seed line to avoid an opening round rematch.
- For simplicity, First Four teams are placed on the 11 line.