- Virginia, Villanova, Xavier, Purdue
- Auburn, Kansas, Duke, Cincinnati
- Clemson, Texas Tech, Michigan St., North Carolina
- Tennessee, Ohio St., Arizona, Oklahoma
- Kentucky, West Virginia, Rhode Island, Florida
- Arizona St., Gonzaga, Texas A&M, Miami
- St. Mary's, Texas, TCU, Seton Hall
- Florida St., Michigan, Creighton, Butler
- Arkansas, Wichita St., Missouri, UCLA
- Alabama, Syracuse, Nevada, Louisville
- USC, New Mexico St., Utah, Houston, Washington, Baylor
- Middle Tennessee, Boise St., South Dakota St., Buffalo
- Vermont, Loyola-Chicago, Murray St., East Tennessee St.
- UL-Lafayette, Montana, Bucknell, N. Kentucky
- Coll. Charleston, Penn, Rider, FGCU
- UCSB, UNC-Asheville, Wagner, Nicholls St., Grambling St., Savannah St.
- RPI is (more) heavily considered based on the Bracket Preview Show.
- This is the first projection with flexed seed lines (Florida St. / Seton Hall at 7/8).
- Seeds 12-16 are no longer placeholders by projected conference winner.
- The Selection Committee has basically thrown my evaluation process out the window. I'm throwing darts at this point.
- Lack of a non-power conference leader in the Top 4 pushes the WCC back. Rhode Island is safe at 5 with no bad losses.
- Despite a lack of Q1 wins, Wichita St. benefits from RPI history and is in the field.