- Villanova, Virginia, Purdue, Kansas
- Duke, Xavier, Arizona, Auburn
- Texas Tech, West Virginia, Cincinnati, Oklahoma
- Clemson, Michigan St., North Carolina, Florida
- Tennessee, Kentucky, Gonzaga, Wichita St.
- Ohio St. Rhode Island, Miami, Seton Hall
- TCU, Michigan, Creighton, Louisville
- Nevada, Florida St. Arizona St., Texas
- Butler, St. Mary's, Arkansas, Texas A&M
- Marquette, Providence, Alabama, Kansas St.
- SMU, USC, W. Kentucky, Houston, Missouri, UCLA
- Middle Tennessee, New Mexico St., Belmont, Loyola-Chicago.
- Buffalo, Vermont, East Tennessee St., South Dakota
- UL-Lafayette, Wright St., Bucknell, Montana
- Coll. Charleston, Nicholls St., Penn, FGCU
- Rider, Radford, Wagner, Long Beach St., North Carolina A&T, Arkansas Pine-Bluff
- Emphasis on head-to-head match-ups to keep seed line "true"
- All "3rd conference rematch" scenarios are factored to assign teams by region.
- St. Mary's (AP #13) is the toughest evaluation.
- Quality wins are New Mexico St. and Gonzaga
- Undefeated in WCC.
- Bad loss to Washington State
- Syracuse needs a Top 50 RPI win to get in the field. Currently, their best win is a home game against Buffalo.