- Virginia, Xavier, Villanova, Kansas
- Duke, Auburn, Cincinnati, Michigan St.
- North Carolina, Tennessee, Purdue, Clemson
- Arizona, Michigan, Texas Tech, Wichita St.
- Gonzaga, West Virginia, Ohio St., Kentucky
- TCU, Houston, Florida, Nevada
- Creighton, Arkansas, Florida St. Rhode Island
- Texas A&M, Miami, Oklahoma, Seton Hall
- Missouri, Butler, St. Mary's, NC State
- Arizona St., Virginia Tech, Providence, St. Bonaventure
- Syracuse, Alabama, Louisville, Marquette, USC, Texas
- Middle Tennessee, New Mexico St., Loyola-Chicago, Buffalo
- South Dakota St., Murray St., Vermont, UL-Lafayette
- Wright St., UNC Greensboro, Montana, Bucknell
- Coll. Charleston, Penn, Iona, Lipscomb
- UC Irvine, Radford, Wagner, Nicholls St., Ark. Pine-Bluff, Bethune-Cookman
- Teams in bold are automatic qualifiers.
- First Four teams are not listed by "True Seed." Regional assignment is reflective in the bracket.
- If there's a line to draw and separate the field, it's clearly between seeds 5 and 6.
- I believe the committee will favor a conference champion over head-to-head on some seed lines. This currently projects to the 1 line with Xavier/Villanova.
- Head-to-head will probably be considered close to the bubble (10/11).